Veneer teeth covers are plastic coatings bonded to the surface of a cosmetic tooth that is not in the perfect shape. Not all dentists can place the veneer teeth covers on you and still achieve a perfect oral structure rather some, to be precise our veneers dentist are considered as the best dentists to perform the veneers procedure. Often, there have been cases of improperly fixed veneers, chipped off and broken veneers just after few days of placement. Such is not the case with our veneers dentist.
Issues address by veneer teeth covers
Not all are the right candidates for the placement of the veneer teeth covers. This is because, the veneers dentist is only limited to placing veneers and cannot perform other oral procedures such as jaw surgery, oral surgery, and dental implants. Such issues are addressed by dentists of the particular fields.
However, the best candidature for placing veneer teeth covers are the ones who have the following dental issues:
- Chipped off or broken enamel.
- Cracked teeth.
- Misaligned teeth.
- Misshaped teeth.
- Teeth that have discolored as a result of too many intakes of the pharmaceutical drug, tetracycline, or excessive intake of fluoride in drinks.
- Poorly structured teeth.
- Patients who are prone to the damage caused by bruxism.
- Tooth sensitivity to hot or cold drinks.
Placing veneer teeth covers
Diagnosing and treatment planning. This is where your veneer dentist enquired about your dental problem and your expectations. An x-ray may also be performed to check on the current state of the tooth to be placed the veneer on.
Preparatory work. This involves trimming off a thin layer of about 0.5ml of the enamel which equals to the same size of the veneer to be placed. With other types of veneers, removing the enamel is not necessary.
This process is pain-free though, the veneers dentist may administer local anesthesia as a precaution.
Bonding. The veneers are later bonded to the teeth to reach an ultimatum goal of a natural feel and look. In this process, the dentist usually compares the veneer to the other teeth so that the teeth color is not interfered with. The cementing of the veneer teeth covers takes place here.
Afterwards, the dentist will remove any popup cement and harness and make the final adjustments where necessary.
Types of veneer teeth cover
- Porcelain veneers- With these veneers, they take longer to be placed because each veneer teeth covers are individually crafted in the laboratory.
- Composite veneers- These veneers are usually placed in one visit. The veneers dentist roughens tooth surface with acid then puts a bonding cement on the teeth.
Merits of veneer teeth covers
- Improved teeth appearance.
- Improved overall oral appearance.
- No difficulty in chewing and biting foodstuffs.
- Improved smile appearance. This harnesses improbable self-esteem with your self-confidence.
Limitation of veneer teeth covers
- The process is irreversible.
- Pricey charges especially with porcelain veneers.