Porcelain veneers are materials placed over the tooth front surface.
This is to improve the aesthetics of my smile or protect the surface of the tooth from dental damages.
Porcelain veneers may last seven to ten years where a change of the veneers will be of necessity.
Reasons for opting to porcelain veneers
- Discoloration of teeth. Teeth can be discolored due to excess fluoride, root canal treatments, tetracycline’s stains or the presence of large resin fillings that might have discolored the teeth. We, in Los Angeles, offer porcelain veneers to solve such type of issue.
- Worn out teeth can be corrected by porcelain veneers.
- Wear and tear of the teeth. As age increases, teeth naturally begins to wear down making them be shipped or broken hampering an uneven appearance of teeth. We offer porcelain veneers that are placed to restore a healthy and youthful natural appearance of my teeth.
- Misalignment or irregular shapes of the teeth. If teeth have craters and bulges, what can you do to curb the issue? Well, why don’t you opt for porcelain veneers? Veneers dentist will deal with the problem and restore a healthy and normal outlook of the teeth.
- Widened gaps between teeth. How do you get rid of such an issue? You ask. Porcelain veneers can be placed to cover up for the big gaps between teeth which usually widens with age.
Porcelain veneers cost
Well, before opting for a veneer restoration you will tend to weigh the costs first. Porcelain veneers cost always ranges between $1000 and $2000 per tooth depending on various factors; such factors are:
- Different dentist charges differently.
- The location of the dental treatments. Metropolitan areas within Los Angeles may imply on the veneers cost to be higher, unlike the sparsely populated areas.
- The number of teeth to be treated. The more teeth for treatment the higher the charges.
- The amount of dental work done. Some porcelain veneers procedures can take shorter durations, unlike others. Example; teeth that have a widened gap from each other and those that have bulges on them may take longer periods, unlike the discolored teeth. Prices are higher with the latter type of dental issues.
- The type of dental issue. Various issues have different charges; for instance, worn out teeth may attract a higher pay compared to teeth discoloration.
Merits of porcelain veneers
- A naturally healthy and youthful tooth appearance is restored.
- Since porcelain veneers offer a stain resistance they guarantee the whiter appearance of the for an extended long period.
- Porcelain veneers are tolerable with gum tissues, therefore, offering a conservative approach to the shape and color of the teeth, hence offering more aesthetic and stronger features of the teeth.
Downsides of porcelain veneers
- Porcelain veneers are more expensive than composite resins.
- Sensitivity is higher with the teeth since the enamel has been removed slightly.
- Individuals with tooth decay and active gum disease may not be a perfect fit for porcelain veneers treatment.